11.07.2008

Today, I love...

Rock music. Especially 80's/90's rock. Give me Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi, Poison, and Aerosmith.

I love the guitar solos, the ballads, and I try to tolerate the long, frizzy hair. I'm actually not a fan of the long hair, to be honest. Anyway, I really wish there were bands out now that could play like them. Whatever happened to the guitar solos? Everything sounds so electronic now. I'm not very good at Guitar Hero, but I like to watch others play just so that I can hear the music.

I'm watching the new season of Celebrity Rehab -- because it's so addictive, and Steven Adler of GNR is on there. It's sad that his life changed so dramatically just because of drugs. He keeps talking about his friend, Slash (also of GNR), too. I keep wondering if I'm a few degrees away from Adler. Back in the 1980's, sometime between '85 and '88, my dad's coworker's niece married the drummer of GNR, and then they divorced. I've never met the niece, but we did spend a lot of time with the aforementioned coworker and his family -- we were all living on a base in Japan. I asked my dad if he knew the guy's name, but he didn't. It has to be Adler, though.......because there was a previous drummer, but he dropped out after just a few months with the band. Anyway.

No comments: